Bob at Take a Ride on the Reading has nominated me for the coveted Stylish Blogger Award! Thank you so much Bob! It’s an honor just to be nominated. 🙂
The rules are as follows: I must list 7 things no one knows about me. Then choose 6 nominees to pass on the Stylish Blogger Award. Leave a message for each of the six letting them know you have something for them on your blog.
Seven Things No One Knows About Me
Since my entire blog is about things that I would not really feel comfortable telling anyone who knows my true identity this may be difficult. I’m going to have to dig deep for these.
- Every day after school I would get off the bus and check the mailbox and then head down the long dirt road to my house. One day when I was about nine I did my usual thing and checked the mailbox. As I walked down the long road home I noticed that one of the envelopes looked different from any other I had ever seen in our mail before. It was an unmarked plain white envelope addressed to my Dad. He wasn’t yet the Preacher. Being the curious little nine-year old that I was I decided to take a peek. After opening it just enough to see a little of what was inside I saw pictures of naked people. This of course set my curiosity mode into overload. I quickly stashed it inside one of my school books and when I got home I went in my room, closed the door and crawled under my bed (my usual hiding spot) to investigate further. So I guess I have my Dad to thank for my introduction to pornography and sex. Even though I didn’t really understand what was going on in those pictures I found them fascinating and now and then I would go back under my bed and take another peek trying to figure out what it all meant.
- When I was thirteen I prayed for God to make my Aunt Flow go away. When I was fourteen she did go away, permanently. Coincidence? Maybe, but either way it stopped. Since then I’ve found out that I have what they call Premature Ovarian Failure. Sometimes I wonder if God really did answer the prayer of a stupid scared thirteen-year-old. Since then I’ve had to live with the fact that I’ll never be able to have children of my own.
- I’ve kept journals since I was in high school. No matter how many times I’ve moved or lost everything, I always managed to keep my journals with me. They are still with me today, hidden away. I reread them every year on New Years Day to see just how stupid and naïve I was and still can be at times. It’s always good for a laugh or two.
- I now have a car stereo that works! Thanks to Skaterboi! 🙂 That was a very long two years. Thank God I don’t have to talk to myself in the car anymore.
- I have been in romantic relationships with a couple of women but have never and would never perform oral on a woman. Therefore I made a terrible lesbian. Plus that I found women to be crazier than men, so I gave up on being a lesbian.
- I was working as secretary at a church many years ago. The pastor was the Preacher’s friend. I was fired on the Preacher’s birthday. Let’s just say I barely escaped with my freedom and my life. That’s when I decided it was time to turn to the dark side, go to Atlanta and sow my wild oats.
- I’ve been homeless a few times. I could have called my family and asked for help, but pride got in the way and I chose instead to find a way to get back on my feet by myself. It wasn’t always easy, but I managed somehow. I’m sure there was some help from above involved.
My 6 nominees to pass the Stylish Blogger Award on to are …
- Hiding in Plain Sight (http://perversecowgirl.wordpress.com) I’ve been following Perversecowgirl’s blog since last year and her wit, honesty and openness is partly what inspired me to become a blogger.
- Single White Alcoholic Seeks Same (http://singlewhitealcoholicseekssame.wordpress.com) Another very honest blog about relationships & dating & such, but this time from a man’s perspective.
- Babysitting the Biscuit (http://spikeg302.blogspot.com) A rock and roll foodie’s dream. If you like good music, NYC and really good food, this is a great blog to check out.
- Abstinent Sexblog (http://abstinentsexblog.blogspot.com) Mousie762 has a great blog about being an abstinent Christian and being a lover of sex and fetishes. His blog appeals to my voyeuristic side. I like to read about how other people view sex and Christianity and how the two relate.
- Born This Way! (http://borngaybornthisway.blogspot.com) I’m not gay (although I have tried it), but I do have several close gay friends and I support them fully and believe that they should have the right to live and love the way they want. This blog is “A photo/essay project for gay adults (of all genders) to submit pictures from their childhood (roughly ages 2 to 12) – with snapshots that innocently capture them showing the beginnings of their innate LGBT selves. It’s OUR nature, our TRUTH!”
- Finally, the blog that I hate to love. Citizen Renegade (http://roissy.wordpress.com) No matter how much I find his posts offensive, demeaning, or downright ludicrous, I still can’t stop reading. The idea that this “Game” that men play to get women to sleep with them is just so disgustingly intriguing to me. The insight that I have gained from reading his blog has been great. I know not all men think like he does, but judging by the comments, there are a hell of a lot of men that do.
Finally congratulations to Bob (Tarot/Quidmont) Johnston & to all of my nominees! And thanks again for reading!